Tour Full - Sign up for the Wait List here
Irrigation in the Bitterroot
Thursday, September 5th
12:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Join the Bitter Root Water Forum for a tour of water structures and resources in the Bitterroot Valley!
Through this educational field trip for adults, you will:
- learn how water is managed in the Bitterroot
- view irrigation structures like diversions and fish screens
- gain an understanding of modern day irrigation techniques
The tour is open to anyone interested in learning more about irrigation in the Bitterroot.
Tour Date: Thursday, September 5th
Tour Time: 12: 30 pm - 5:30 pm
Meeting location: Public Lot across from the Post Office
Transportation will be provided throughout the tour.
Tour stops include Lake Como, a water diversion and fish screen, and an irrigated farm.
- the Bitter Root Irrigation District
- Daly Ditches
- Soil Conservationist (NRCS)
- Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks
- Irrigated Property (Alan Maki)
Cost is $5 per person.
Space is limited!
To register in person, please stop by the Bitter Root Water Forum office at:
178 South 2nd Street in Hamilton